Founded in 2000, The Idea Village is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to identify, support, and retain entrepreneurial talent in New Orleans. The Idea Village delivers against its mission by building an entrepreneurial ecosystem and has solidified its position as a leading driver of entrepreneurship.
IDEAxcelerator is an intensive, 11-week, startup-focused program leveraging successful entrepreneurs as mentors for a cohort of 15 early-stage, New Orleans-based ventures. The 2014 program will run from September 26th through “Demo Day” on December 10th with a focus on catapulting your business to the next level. The deadline to apply for the 2014 cohort is Friday, August 23rd at 5pm.
To date, 66 startups have participated in IDEAxcelerator, 83% of which are still in business so the numbers are in your favor but you must be ready to go all in. You are the right fit for this program if:
• You’re just getting started but your business model is quick to scale.
• You have national – maybe even international – potential.
• You can fully commit for 11 weeks.
Participating entrepreneurs will receive:
- MENTORSHIP: Each IDEAxcelerator venture will be assigned a rock star entrepreneur mentor who has built a successful business in New Orleans. Meet the 2014 Mentors.
- CONSULTING: Each IDEAxcelerator venture will meet weekly with the program’s dedicated Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR), Mike Eckert, who will help participating entrepreneurs hone in on key aspects of their business.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Each IDEAxcelerator venture will receive a bank of professional network resources.
- CAPITAL ACCESS: Each IDEAxcelerator venture has a reserved slot in The Big Idea during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week 2014, where up to $100,000 in seed funding is on the table.
- PEER NETWORKING: Weekly dinners for the entire IDEAxcelerator cohort will be hosted by the mentors every Tuesday night during the program.
– See more at: Idea Village IdeaAxcelerator