The FAA is launching a nationwide air traffic control specialist (ATCS) recruitment, outreach, and education program in advance of a public vacancy announcement via USAJOBS expected on or about Feb. 10, 2014.
The FAA will host two Virtual Career Fair Events on Jan. 29 and Feb. 12, available to all online audiences. Ahead of these dates, FAA will provide recruitment information to job applicants via our official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and www.faa.gov/jobs.
The FAA expects to accept applications for a two-week period starting Feb. 10, 2014. Applicants should not wait for the vacancy to open in order to prepare application materials and are highly encouraged to use the résumé builder available on USAJOBS in advance of submitting their application.
Materials included in the digital recruitment kit may no longer be accurate following the close of the vacancy announcement on or around Feb. 24. Please act accordingly to remove outdated content at your own discretion.
Starting in February, with a new “Diversity Initiative,” this six-figure career opportunity is now more open to those who may not have previously been on an aviation career path. If you’d like to attempt to take advantage of this opportunity you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Start at the FAA Academy no later than your 31st birthday
- Pass a medical examination
- Pass a security investigation
- Have three years of progressively responsible work experience, OR a Bachelor’s degree, OR a combination of post-secondary education(MUST submit transcripts with application) and work experience that totals three years.
- Pass the FAA air traffic pre-employment tests
- Speak English clearly enough to be understood over communications equipment
All vacancies for air traffic control specialist positions will be announced via USAJOBS. So go set up an account and upload/create your resume and stay tuned for the Job Announcement on or about Feb 10th (check www.faa.gov/jobs/recruiting_kit and www.usajobs.gov leading up to the 10th for more info)