Your instructors are:
- Linda Austin, project director for NewsTrain. She will help you create more time for watchdog reporting with a proven technique called beat mapping.
- Meg Downey, former managing editor of The Tennessean in Nashville. She will offer techniques for planning and coaching content across platforms and for managing and surviving change in the newsroom.
- Kathy Kieliszewski, director of photography and video at the Detroit Free Press. She will introduce you to efficient video story forms for digital platforms and provide tips to shoot more effective video on your smartphone.
- Paul Overberg, database editor for USA Today. He will demystify data journalism, including directing you to data and documents in your community that will translate into enterprising stories.
- Shazna Nessa, former deputy managing editor of editorial products and innovations at The Associated Press. She will help you apply the research on what makes content go viral and also get ready for the next big disruptive changes in news.