Just because the kids are going back to school doesn’t mean summer is over in NOLA. As a matter of fact there’s quite a bit to look forward to in the next few weeks. Here’s a few events we’re excited about:
1. Tuesday, July 28, 2015 @ 9pm: Miguel performs at the Joy Theatre (#WildHeart Tour with special guest Dorothy). We caught @Miguel cruising down Bourbon last night and we’re hoping he saved some of that energy for his show tonight!
2. Wednesday, July 29, 2015 – 5:30-9pm: HBCU Summer Daze @ Treo. It’s the summer installment of the HBCU NOLA events. So network with fellow HBCU alumni and catch up with alumni from your own alma mater! Wear your school colors…or at least a pin!
Get your ticket here!
3. Friday, July 31 – Sunday, August 2, 2015: Satchmo SummerFest in the Quarters. No worries, there’s still some festin’ to be done!
4.Saturday, July 31, 2015: Whitney White Linen Night 2015, “On the first Saturday evening in August, four blocks of Julia Street will be closed to vehicular traffic for a three-hour, New Orleans-style block party. This White Linen Night event is free and open to the public.” Okay, so the only question is…who in the city is still selling white linen?! There’s food from some of the best restaurants in the city and well, of course, cocktail options are plenty. Whether you’re an art connoisseur or not this is a great event, be sure to make it into a few of the art galleries and consider stopping by the CAC for the after party.
5. Saturday, August 1 – 31, 2015: COOLinary begins!!!!! Yes, we have several exclamations because we love to eat GOOD FOOD! If you have no idea what this is, you’re in for a treat. As tourist season dies during our hottest month of the year in NOLA, local restaurants that typically scale a good $$$-$$$$ on the price scale offer pre-fixed lunch, dinner and now BRUNCH menus. It’s quite possible we’ve already created a detailed schedule of every restaurant we can finally afford to hit by location and menu (yep, the menu is also online, no tricks up their sleeves when you arrive!)…
6. Saturday, August 8, 2015, 6-9pm: Dirty Red Linen Night: Beginning as a spoof of the popular White Linen Night a dozen years ago, Dirty Linen Night has evolved into a full-scale art event, showcasing local artists and crafts persons in the heart of the Quarter. The 15th Annual Dirty Linen Night will take place in the art galleries and antique and craft shops of the 200 to 1000 blocks of historic Royal St. as well as galleries on nearby side streets.
7. Saturday, August 15, 2015, 3-8pm: Krescent City Kool. Oh boy, the NUPES are coming to town! The 82nd Grand Chapter Meeting is being held in NOLA this August and the NolaKoolKids are celebrating. Join them at their regular spot at 1427 O.C. Haley for the day party with Mike Swift and Jayson Skillz.
Did we forget anything? Feel free to follow and tag us #TheBlackProfessional on our social media sites so that we can share your events!