Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We’re a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We’re looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts – you’ll make a direct impact on the business starting from Day 1.
The General Manager is an extraordinarily talented individual who will lead the way as we expand in the Seattle market. You’ll be coordinating all aspects of the market, and making key decisions that include building and mentoring a team, sourcing, and onboarding key restaurant partnerships, generating new business through local sales and marketing, expanding the geographic reach of the Seattle territory, scaling operations, and growing revenue.
Consider yourself both the CEO and the COO of the territory. You are hungry to succeed and will do whatever it takes to make it. You’re organized and self-disciplined with a willingness to take on big challenges. Most importantly, you are a great manager and people developer.
- Serve as the business owner for the Seattle market and be fully responsible for the expansion and cultivation of the market
- Understand Caviar strategy and execute it successfully
- Define and implement Seattle’s business strategy: where to play and how to win
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain and operations
- Build and develop a team and ensure they remain motivated to deliver on bold growth and service objectives
- Seek out new business development opportunities within the market (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing opportunities)
- Represent Caviar at local events and with local PR
- Collaborate cross-functionally to grow and develop the market, both top-line revenue and bottom-line profit dollars
- Must be hands on: not afraid to roll up sleeves and get job done, whatever it takes
- 6+ years of experience in a management, operations, or business development role
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Seattle market, including the restaurant landscape, consumer attitudes, demographics and behaviors, and logistical considerations (traffic patterns, weather, etc)
- Great people skills and sales ability with an entrepreneurial mindset
- An ability to get things done, and the judgment to execute well
- Experience with coaching and training a team; a strong communicator able to keep colleagues, team members and other key players aligned
- Enjoy constantly being out and about in the food & beverage community to help convey the Caviar story
- Good product sensibility – thinks deeply about product as a point of leverage, and can provide valuable feedback and insights to product team
- A love of food, hospitality, and desire to consistently deliver an amazing customer experience
- High tolerance for rejection and fear of the unknown
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/Square/112171342-general-manager-seattle →