New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute
NORLI is seeking an entrepreneurial and dynamic Executive Director to build on an already strong program and alumni base. The Executive Director will serve as the senior executive of the organization and report directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will have responsibility for the overall administration and operations of NORLI, particularly with respect to strategic planning implementation, programming, and fundraising.
- Plans, formulates and recommends basic policies and programs for approval by the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Ensures that the Board is kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of NORLI, and on all important factors influencing them.
- Executes all decisions of the Board except when the execution is otherwise specifically assigned for action by these bodies.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of strategic plans and approved programs, projects and initiatives approved by the Board.
- Responsible for developing and implementing innovative strategies to increase revenue to support programs and services.
- Serves as the liaison and face of the organization to GNO, Inc. and other stakeholders in order to assist NORLI maximize its value proposition to the region, alumni, and community organizations.
- Promotes interest and active participation in NORLI among the business and nonprofit community, alumni and affiliated groups
- Prepares agendas, information packages and related materials for Board meetings and attends all such meetings.
- Responsible for the hiring and termination of personnel, salary administration, and approval of all promotions and terminations.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
Minimum three years in business/organizational management including budgeting, grant writing and human resources, with professional association experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, innovative and capable of expanding and developing the range of types of programs provided by NORLI to its members.
- Comfortable with a high-profile role involving frequent contact with leading members of the business community and government.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively build collaborative relationships with diverse leaders.
- Ability to work directly with the Board of Directors as well as the ability to coordinate efforts with stakeholders such as GNO, Inc.
- Demonstrated bias for action, with high energy and a focus on results; graduate of NORLI a plus but not essential.
- Ability to create new systems as needed to implement developing programs and the vision to devise such programs.
- Ability to undertake difficult and potentially unpopular tasks while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Proficient in software applications necessary to perform duties of position.
- Strong member service orientation.
- Commitment to excellence.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Applicants should upload their resume at the following address: http://norli.org/hiring/
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://norli.org/hiring/ →