KIPP: New Orleans Schools
About KIPP New Orleans:
KIPP New Orleans Schools (KNOS) is building an influential network of tuition-free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools that empower students with the knowledge and character traits to be lifelong learners and leaders. KNOS operates ten high-performing schools on eight campuses, serving roughly 4,000 of our city’s highest-needs students. Over the next several years, we aim to ultimately grow to twelve schools, five primary, five middle and two high schools.
With rigorous academics, innovative teaching, and a motivating learning environment, we are working to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college and beyond. Although KIPP teachers come from a diverse set of backgrounds, they all share the common goal of student success. KIPP teachers display a “whatever it takes” attitude during the school day and are available after school hours by cell phone. KIPP New Orleans Schools embrace the spirit of our city with athletics, band, visual arts, or other fine arts available at every school.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is associated with the national KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Network which recruits and trains school leaders to open KIPP schools across the country. The KIPP network is rapidly growing. There are currently 162 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 58,000 students.
General Position Overview:
The Grant Accountant position is critical to the overall success and long term viability of KIPP New Orleans Schools. The responsibilities of the Grant Accountant includes, but are not limited to, a direct handling of grant accounting but duties also includes budget assistance and general ledger support for the Director of Accounting and Compliance and the Director of Finance such as account reconciliations and assistance with monthly closing process. This position reports to Director of Finance and Accounting for grants and dotted line to the Director of Finance for budget support. The Grant Accountant will also work in conjunction with the Controller for other accounting/financial work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure that government funding processes, operations, tracking systems, compliance, communication, and reporting to schools, board, and SSC teams are properly executed and highly effective.
· Manage the deadline-driven calendar of all grant activities related to grant requests, including: researching grant guidelines, timely submission of grant materials and follow-up, as necessary.
· Stay in contact with key stakeholders of grants to review current funding status and review upcoming expenditures.
· Work with the Development Team and the Business Operations Managers on budgeting for any private grants ensuring appropriate expenses are charged to the grants
· Support Finance, Operations and the regional School Support Center, as well as School Leaders and Business & Operations Managers at the schools to ensure successful and timely applications, compliance, and reporting, including the development of grant budgets as part of overall budget process.
· Assist with the budget process including analysis of current and forecasted spending trends and capturing all revenue sources for upcoming years. Assist with budget-to-actual reporting and reconcile variances as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree required, highly preferred accounting degree
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience, preferably background in education grant accounting
· Good strategic/critical thinker, self-starter, goal-oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· Ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with particular attention to detail-orientation and organization
· Strong knowledge of Excel
· Experience with MIP a plus
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, KIPP New Orleans Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply Here: http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0Xd000000621NlEAI&site=new%20orleans
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0Xd000000621NlEAI&site=new orleans →